Father’s Day in Las Vegas
Father’s Day falls on June 18th this year. Many men take this opportunity to relax and veg out, which is well-deserved. However, instead of watching the news at night, do something way more fun with that time.
Father’s Day – Date, Definition & History
Father’s Day was made an official federal holiday in 1972, after nearly 60 years of celebrating it in the United States.
Is Father’s Day a Public Holiday?
Father’s Day is on the third Sunday of June every year, but it’s still a public holiday. For any dads looking to maximize on their second birthday, plan those PTO days ahead of time.
Father’s day isn’t a national holiday in many other countries. It’s celebrated annually along with other parents day holidays in select months of the year. Next time Dad tries to claim that Father’s Day is every month, you can call his bluff.
Mother’s Day: Inspiration for Father’s Day Gifts
Just like taking your own mother to a strip club, bringing dear old Dad to the gates of paradise is always a good idea. Honor fathers everywhere by being the best son or daughter ever and getting the following gifts:
- Tickets to a sporting event — Settle into the passenger seat of a hockey game, baseball game, football game or whatever game Dad is into.
- Racing activities — The Kentucky Derby may be over, but taking Dad in a joyride in a Ferrari or Corvette for the first time as a professional driver. Las Vegas has plenty of things to do for Father’s Day.
- Electronic gadgets — New phones, tools and other toys are a surefire winner.
- Fun in the sun — If a beach vacation isn’t an option, spend Father’s Day weekend by the water. Dads can live their best lives spending their special day by the pool.
- His favorite events — Daddy needs his hobbies, to forget daily life and the rest of the world for a little while.
Las Vegas Father’s Day Ideas
Turn up the fun on Father’s Day.
Laser tag — the paternal bonds between father and children go out the window when laser tag is involved. Head to a laser tag arena to run around and get out the aggression.
Self-care — Massages and mani/pedis aren’t just for the mothers. Take Dad out and make him feel like a king with a day of pampering.
Bar hopping — Finally, an idea that Dad get behind. Take dad, father-in-law or grandpa out to the bars to toast Keep the night going with something to eat after the bars.
Live music — Young people and families alike can all enjoy an outing to a lounge in Las Vegas for a band or singer.
Golf — Dads and golf go together like chips and guac. This is the perfect time of year to hit the course.
Celebrating Father’s Day At Sapphire Las Vegas
We love celebrating father figures on this national holiday. Sapphire opens at 2 PM on Father’s Day to welcome dads, uncles, grandfathers and stepdads from all walks of life. Bottle packages are just the beginning. Nothing says “family bonding” like taking the boys out to spend a wild night out to be wowed by our gorgeous entertainers.
Plan VIP package nights to celebrate Dad at Sapphire by calling or texting 702.869.0003 for reservations.